Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Interview with Elaine Lee

Over at Suicide Girls:

So... my friends and I formed Wild Hair Productions and produced three plays. Starstruck was the third of these plays and it was written for the actors in that company. The idea was to do something really wild, so that we could all show off and do parts we would normally never be cast for. I was five feet tall and weighed about 90 pounds soaking wet, but I wanted to be an amazon starship captain, so Galatia 9 was the part I came up with for myself. Being completely flat-chested, it was easy for me to build a fake breast into one side of my costume and look like I only had one. Some of the other characters were a telepathic space nun who got knocked around by psychic vibrations, a sexy pleasure droid reprogrammed to be a brainy science officer, a vain villain with a split personality, and an evil seductress traveling in a ship made of the living flesh of millions of Galactic Girl Guides. The play was really a humorous take on all the sci-fi movies and TV shows I saw as a kid, with a generous helping of Heavy Metal thrown into the mix. Boy, was it fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment